View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2017, 11:04 pm   #8
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: Asterisk setup? Is this kind of way of working a possibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1152 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellseinydd View Post
It is imperative that you set the system up such that incoming callers can get access to your BT line
I won't correct the obvious typo, but I will say that even I can't get access to my BT line, far too expensive! All my outgoing calls go via VoIP providers, even Freefone numbers go via a Sipgate trunk.
Odd as I originally wrote 'can't' but altered it to can not but it seems to have vanished.

Quote:
Ian I wonder if you have a list of CNet related SIP URIs?
I am not suggesting you revel your own IP or hostname for the stuff you host, but I imagine there are dedicated systems around the world that allow anonymous inbound connections.
I'm one of three people in the world with all that info as I administer CNet for not only the UK but the rest of the World - except for the North American Numbering Plan Area - Country code +1. However most on CNet block calls that don't come from other members - we have great problems with incoming callers trying to access our Asterisks and get out onto the PSTN. You'd be surprised how many applications I get from folk in West African countries, India/Pakistan and China. Plus others from Russia but claiming to be in other countries. The only real way is to join CNet which was set up to link old preserved exchanges 12 years ago but extended to other 'vintage kit' which now includes early electronic PABXs & Key Systems or just telephones. All we ask is that the numbering remains that before Linked Numbering Schemes with five or six digit numbers.
Ian CNet 0352 2345