View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 10:06 pm   #11
Jimmyhaflinger
Heptode

Default Re: Garrard RC121 mk2 problems

i've discovered that the deck plays at correct speed if i turn the speed selector knob slightly, but it slows down again if i let the knob move back to its correct position.

I've removed the turntable again and checked the speed selector mechanism, it seems to work correctly and the idler wheel rides in the middle of the selected speed on the motor pulley, however, there's a washer under the pivot of the arm which carries the idler wheel, the washer doesn't look original as its a cheap crude washer with jagged sharp edges, the kind you can buy at any hardware store, is it supposed to be there?

Also there's a grub screw in the pivot, is it supposed to adjust the idler wheel's height or is it just meant to keep the pivot together?

The changer with the large hole spindle was a RC120 (not mk2) in hammered bronze with the brass plates under the control levers and the long thin bakelite arm, however it's not an option anymore as that RC120 has been bought by someone else... my chances of getting a large hole spindle for my changer are getting thin! i'm probably going to buy a 50-pieces bag of plastic adaptor spiders!

Last edited by Jimmyhaflinger; 6th Aug 2009 at 10:24 pm.