Thread: Bush TV22 Mk 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2017, 10:57 am   #52
Voxophone
Hexode

Default Re: Bush TV22 Mk 1

I've done my first test with the Aurora. I connected it to the aerial terminals via two 0.1 uF capacitors to be safe DC wise.

After some fiddling with the controls I was able to get Test Card C on screen. To me it seemed that the picture was not best quality. I'm also not familiar with the correct way to use the controls for picture adjustments. While I was able to get a symmetrical, centred image, I'm not sure if I compensated for lack of height excessively using the controls.

The signal was on Ch1 and came in at two points on the tuning control: one with better picture quality but no sound except a low hum (even with a video/sound source); the other with half-decent sound but poor picture and heavy 'sound-on-vision' interference.

It's difficult for me to set the tuning control accurately as the knob is missing on this set. At some point I'll have to track down a replacement.

Testing with a video signal proved to be an interesting experience. I hadn't realised how few analogue sources were left in my house nowadays. In the end I had to use an original Xbox! Definately not easy to play a first person shooting game on the little 9" screen, with the gunshots distorting the image due to sound-on-vision

So it seems there are still some problems to sort out: including the contrast knob which cuts off the signal. I'll hopefully do more testing today and this time post some pictures.

Cheers

Liam