View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2011, 10:38 am   #9
maninashed
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Linear Conchord/RSC A11 30 watt amp

Tonyharker, thats the one! Nice drawing too, thanks for posting that. I recall though, that the smoothing capacitor on mine was only a 32uf 450v component isolated from chassis) Also your version employs far more smoothing components on the ht rail than I ever remember! Its true that this was not a 'quality' amp, it used cheaper components and transformers, however I do still own a couple of them which use EL34s and I have to say they do actually sound quite good. (I remember some years ago, I used 2 of these amps for the school dances etc and there was plenty of volume in quite a large hall through large banks of 12" speakers) Although far from HiFi! there is far too much hiss mainly from the high gain circuitry of the EF86s. My intention now is to construct from scratch, a stereo version using 807s, high quality transformers and improved circuitry. I think the suggestion re the seperate biasing transformer is a good one, although Im not sure what effect this may also have with crosstalk. Anyone any ideas?, also suggestions for circuitry would be appreciated.
Bill